The St. Cyriaque Abbey from Altorf

Vue de l'Abbatiale
cliquez pour agrandir l'image Vue de l'Abbatiale

This village has a long history. Its most interesting monument is the part-Romanesque, part-Baroque church of St. Cyriaque, which is a former abbey Benedictine based in 974 by Hugues III, one of Counts d'Eguisheim. In 1049, Pope Léon IX donates the abbey church and his reliquary.

To see inside the church

Buste St Cyriaque
cliquez pour agrandir l'image Buste St Cyriaque

The original mixture of these diverse styles with its whole furniture and its rarities, such as the bust St Cyriaque's reliquary, the organ Silbermann, the high altar, the monument of Conrad de Gougenheim, a magnificent Pulpit, the stained glass of St Léon IX, and many others else.