Situed close to the motorway intersection in the Vosges foothill ant the Bruche Valley, Dorlishiem is a typical wine-making village.
Onthe roundabout, at the centre of which stands an imposing column (18th c.) in sandstone from the Vosges Mountains topped by a 4-sided sundial.
In the cemetery next to the railway line, you will find the vault of the Bugatti family and the tomb of the famous carmaker.
Along Grand'rue, admire the magnificent well (1605) in front of the town hall. It is a token of the town's economic development and successful wine-growing industry.
The Protestant Church (12th c.) was built in several stages and reveals a particularly complex structure. Only the nave remains of the Romanesque construction built around 1150. The current chancel was built in the following century during the Gothic period. The semi-circular arched doorway is richly decorated with cabled moulding. Two dragons - guardians of the entrance to the church - stand face to face.
Other site to see
The neo-Romanesque Catholic Church, St. Laurent
The Catholic Church
The Protestant Church