Dorlisheim, a village situated on the wine route, has the largest number of winegrowers in our area, and we will leave you the pleasure of counting them. The reception area at the eastern entrance is proof of this, with vines installed at the roundabout of the column. Other particularities are presented below.
On the heritage side à Dorlisheim
Castle de Brosse
According to an inscription on the vault of the cellar, this residence, formerly the castle of Baron Hervé, was built in 1714 and could have been constructed by the architect of the castle of Ottrott. The house was restored in 1820 and finally transformed during the Second Empire (1868) with the addition of a round turret by the Hecht family.
The castle is not open to visitors outside of heritage days or exhibitions.
A beautiful park adorns the castle.
Sandstone road column
At the eastern entrance to the village, on the roundabout, stands an indicator column with sundials dating from Napoleon I. Note that this column comes from the Château des Rohan de Saverne.
St. Laurent catholic church
Putting an end to two centuries of simultaneum, the Catholic church was built (1887-1895) in a garden on the outskirts of the old town. This neo-Romanesque building is decorated on the façade with statues of Joan of Arc and Saint Martin. The interior is illuminated by large glass windows donated by village notables around 1912, including Baron Hervé Gruyer. Those of the choir evoke the life of Saint Laurent. The organ (1900) and one of the stained glass windows were donated by the car manufacturer Ettore Bugatti.
St. Laurent protestant chuch
Following the introduction of the Reformation in Dorlisheim in the 16th century, the church was used for Protestant worship until 1685, when Louis XIV introduced simultaneity. This 12th century building consists of a triple Romanesque nave, a Gothic bell tower and a choir flanked by two square vaulted chapels. The portal and the bas-reliefs on the outer walls of the choir deserve your attention. The Rémy Mahler organ is very original because it is inspired by the Renaissance aesthetic and by the Alsatian organ building of the 17th century. It was created in 2006.
Closed to the public.
This renaissance well and the testimony of the economic development of the wine wealth