Private property. No visits.
At the beginning, the property essentially comprised a large residence called “La Villa” and some disused industrial buildings. This was where the epic Bugatti story began. The first thousand Bugatti cars were produced at this small factory prior to 1914.
The subsequent expansions took place in 1919 to provide enough space for the machine shops, assembly shops and to develop new models.
Bugatti invented the specialised machines himself and had them manufactured at his own factory.
The Bugatti-stamped vices the Patron had patented are the most obvious proof of this.
From the late twenties onwards, the initial buildings at the Hardtmühle site were used as stables and garages for the Bugatti family’s cars.